ASAAP’s prevention programs aim to reduce the risk of HIV among our communities through education, outreach and health promotion. We run prevention programs for newcomer and settled South Asian women, youth and GBTQ identified men.
Brownkiss is a sexual health and HIV prevention program catering to South Asian women and newcomers.
Dosti is a social and support group for South Asian men who like men.
Snheithan is a social and support group for Tamil men who like men.
Lassi is a social and support group for young (16-29) South Asian guys who like guys.
ALL PROGRAMS OFFER:
- Workshops on HIV/AIDS, Healthy Relationships, Anti-Homophobia and Gender Equity
- Health Forums for Communities and Service Providers
- Multilingual Sexual Health Resources
- Referrals to HIV Testing Services (Confidential and Anonymous)
- Outreach at Community Spaces
- Peer Support Groups & Resources for Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer & Questioning Men
- Free Condoms and Lube