The Heart to Heart project takes a family centered approach to sexual health and aims to gain knowledge of the needs of South Asian youth and families with regards to sex education, comfort levels, subject content and methods of engagement.
- Development of a needs assessment with South Asian youth and parents to gain insights on family-centered approaches to sexual health education within the community
- Engagement opportunities to participate on project advisory committees for youth and parents
- Presentation of the report through a forum targeting community partners and members
- Utilizing the findings to pave the way towards improved sexual health awareness resources for South Asian youth and parents.
- An innovative one (1) year needs assessment project involving youth and parents in discussions on family-centered sexual health education approaches
- New community partnerships with organizations working with South Asian youth and parents within Toronto’s priority neighborhoods
Funder: Toronto Urban Health Fund, City of Toronto
Contact Info: Jaspreet Kaur Soor