Are you a South Asian Parent?
Would you like to get involved?
Check out our new opportunity with one-on-one interviews!
Interested in acting?
Register online for our acting opportunity for South Asian youth!
Heart to Heart aims to develop a community informed, community driven sexual health education resource which will be readily accessible to community members and community organizations to create more safe and open environments for discussion around the topics of sexual health.
The project began as a one year needs assessment with an objective of understanding the needs and perspectives of South Asian youth and parents towards access to sexual health information and services through the following process:
- South Asian youth were engaged in the needs assessment through focus groups, an online survey and key informant interviews
- Results from the youth needs assessment were shared with South Asian parents to gain their perspectives on this subject
- A final report on the gaps and links between the sexual health information needs for youth and parents is developed
This report is being utilized to develop sexual health education workshop toolkits for:
- Parents and grandparents
- Community organizations serving the South Asian community
- Each workshop toolkit will contain:
- One language specific sexual health video made by youth
- Language specific sexual health stories written by youth
- One PowerPoint presentation
- One workshop manual
- Workshop handout for the participants
Each set of workshop toolkits will be available in the following languages:
One of the toolkits will be for the Indo-Caribbean community.
Keep an eye out for exciting ongoing and upcoming opportunities to get involved with the project. Contact Jaspreet at 416-599-2727 ext 230 or email@example.com for more details.