Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds, speak different languages and bring a range of expertise, knowledge and lived experience. Together, we increase ASAAP’s capacity to respond to emerging needs and provide South Asians with opportunities to contribute to the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Get in touch with us if you are:
- Passionate about working on issues of HIV/AIDS, sexual health and social justice
- Want to connect with and contribute to the South Asian community
- Interested in getting involved in one or more programs we run
What you can expect:
- Orientation and training to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to volunteer. (Offered twice a year, training includes workshops on HIV transmission, anti-homophobia, anti-racism, HIV treatment information and gender equity.)
- Valuable experience with a community-based health organization
- Ongoing feedback mechanisms
- A growing professional network
- Outreach, table and network with us at South Asian event spaces
- Use your language skills to help create multi-lingual resources
- Work with People living with HIV/AIDS (PHA) towards a community of support
- Assist in facilitating health workshops with diverse communities
- Be a part of HIV awareness and sexual health media campaigns
- Help with ASAAP’s many fundraising initiatives
- Join a committee or advisory group and steer ASAAP’s programming
- …and MUCH MORE!
Get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-599-2727 ext 225 for more information.
We look forward to working with you!